In the early part of 1952, the First Church of Vero Beach decided it was time to begin work on the east side of the railroad. Our first building was a small three room cottage on Wilbur Avenue owned by Indian River Products Co. and by the help of Mr. and Mrs. Walter Buckingham, it was given to us for one year, rent free, for use as a mission. The first meeting of the mission took place on March 25, 1952.
Six acres of land was purchased from Mr. Black of Wabasso by Mr. and Mrs. Clyde Evans, who donated the property to build a permanent mission. The property was our former site at 941 18th street in Vero Beach. A chapel was erected and the name was changed from East Side Mission to the Forest Park Chapel. The first service was held on March 22, 1953. March 27, 1955 the Forest Park Chapel ceased to exist and the Forest Park Baptist Church was constituted. One of the great highlights of the early days of Forest Park was the old time revival held in the original building with a young preacher by the name of Adrian Rogers. He had overflow crowds every night and many came to know the Lord.
As a result of the hurricanes Francis and Jeanne of 2004 the congregation decided to sell its property. On May 26, 2006 Forest Park sold its property at 941 18th St. On June 1, 2006 Forest Park purchased the properties of the Vero Christian Church at 796 20th Ave., Vero Beach, and conducted its first day of worship at this site on July 2, 2006. Since our property no longer looks like a forest or a park, in July of 2010 Forest Park Baptist Church changed their name to Grace Life of Vero Beach for two reasons: 1) to show our connection with the community, and 2) so our name conveys our message.